Friday, October 15, 2004

New Links PSA

A few announcements / reminders so I've bundled them into a single post.

New Links Fantasy Football League
New game month starts tomorrow October 16th. If you are already a member of the league make sure your team is updated in time for tomorrow's matches. If you are not a member but would like to be then sign up here then let us your know your team details in the comments below this post.
New Links Night Out
We still haven't arranged a time for tonight. Bungers wants to go straight from work via a flash mob appearance at Byker Morrisons. I reckon if we go then we'll all be nicked by 9pm for D&D. I'm planning on being there for about 7:30pm. Thoughts?
Adding On This Day
Yesterday's post certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons. Of the five blogs mentioned 2 have removed the code (rather than crediting / thanking us but that's their loss) and a third credited us very nicely. Some of her friends think it was over the top doing what I did wibbling on about sneaky (HINT: sneakiness can in no way be defined as putting a post on a public blog. Try this if you are struggling wth that concept.) and 'honest' mistakes. All I can say is that yesterday's post worked - 60% of the blogs mentioned have done something about it. That's an excellent success rate. As for 'honest' mistakes - the credit request is in the how to in three separate places. It's quite a mistake to be able to pick your way through that post following the installation instructions but missing all mention of the credits. Whatever - I'm not going to apologise for defending my legal rights.

Serious point now - some people have followed through the links and have been sending abusive emails etc. Please don't do this on my behalf. I neither requested it or wanted this to happen. Please don't send any more.
Fresh Blood
Posting has been a bit sparse on New Links recently dropping from an average of about 12 posts a day to about 5. For whatever reason our members (including myself) have had less time to post recently and it's about time we got some fresh blood in to help post stuff. So if you fancy becoming a New Links member get in touch preferably with a sample post. If you get accepted as a member there is no obligation to post every day, week or whatever and no restriction on what you can link to. Writing style, as you can see from previous posts, ranges from two liners to big rambling... erm rambles like this one and on to link dump style posts.

What can we offer in return? A chance for you to post linkage, get a fair few people reading what you write, get it listed quite high in Google (like this or this or this and many, many more) and none of the worries of buggering about with templates or HTML. If you're really lucky you'll get a Mass Debate or two.

12 comments:

Newcastle Photos said...

mm. check your gmail.

mmChronic said...

It's not me that's been getting them. I've had an email this morning asking (very nicely) to remove the link as he has been getting abuse. I wasn't drunk last night so it definitely wasn't me sending them!

I can send you a fresh abusive email if you wish which will be lovingly crafted in the cesspit of my mind?

mmChronic said...

All the Mass Debates make for good rereading. It's the incisive, cogent arguments we put forward. Or something.

Illiterate console ned? You're just jealous of my level of advanced literacy and my extensive range of gaming platforms you coastal bamp.

mmChronic said...

7:30 is good for me and ILN has emailed me to say 7:30 is good for him. I've emailed Merg but he's flu'd up atm so prob won't show his face.

Feel free to swing by mine on the way though if you want and I'll walk down with you.

mmChronic said...

NP. And please stop abusing me in other blog's comments. Cnut!

mmChronic said...

Hunk Heaven is a nuddie blog for the ladies - YA blog in Flip's Empire of Pr0n.

I'm still trying to figure what caused that spike. I reckon we've been linked by another WIP using blog which is why the majority were all Dutch - most of the WIP blogs are Dutch.

mmChronic said...

And what narcissistic streak makes you think a raddled ancient mariner's bum is going to generate that much interest? ;)

Unknown said...

Have I done something bad with hunk heaven...?

If you'd like the odd "clean" post from little old moi...let me know :)

Newcastle Photos said...

To Flip: I don't think so, our Dogs is just paranoid. :)

mmChronic said...

Be glad to have you on board Flip. With or without pills. ;)

So how many blogs would that make you a owner / member of? World record attempt in the offing here I reckon.

Bryn said...

heh, i just re-read the doom 3 mass debate. ha ha.
good work fellas.
Also ive got a radeon 9800 pro 256 in the post so will be CS: Sourcing it lots.
Any of you fsckers fancy a game?

mmChronic said...

Oh no - the great Mass Debate about mp is going to start again! ;)

I haven't got CS. I'll play you at R:TW though. Your turn. :)