Friday, November 12, 2004

Halo 2: Biggest Selling Entertainment Thingy - Evar!

With the release of Halo 2 yesterday a new record has been set for sales of an entertainment title - and that's not just games but anything like films or music according to JoyStiq. For instance The Incredibles (current box office hot property) took a measly $75m in the first three days. Halo 2 took $125 million - on it's first day!

I of course bought my copy yesterday - and it's fscking ace! That's ace as in good mind rather than something with metallic spiders in but it's got those too.

6 comments:

Merg said...

That's because you don't get many pre-orders for cinema tickets - and I'll bet you that DVDs of 'The Incredibles' are selling long after Halo 2's been consigned to the dustbin, too.

mmChronic said...

Pah.

It's still the best selling entertainment thingy evar!

Merg said...

Fastest, perhaps...

Titanic took over $600mil at the US box office alone, not counting world-wide or DVD/VHS sales. And no-one knows why...

mmChronic said...

I can proudly say I haven't see more than about 30 seconds of that.

I wonder what the figures were for Gladiator? Loads of people bought that as it coincided with really cheap DVD players.

Merg said...

I was dragged to Titanic in theatre. *shudder*

I remember leaving and everyone but me thought it was wonderful. Go figure.

Reasonably complete "all time DVD sales" figures seem rather tricky to track down. Curious.

mmChronic said...

I've had a quick squint and found nothing too. You'd think that would be easy to find in such a publicity hungry field as entertainment.