Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Wal-Mart's women have reason for showing boobies

It seems the Women of WalMart didn't just get their tats out for any old reason - it seems they may have had to rely on food stamps to supplement a low income. I'm sure the money from Playboy came in handy.

California paid out $86m in assistance to WalMart employees in 2001 because their wages were so low and needed assistance in the form of food stamps and health related expenses. The study was based on data from that year but as WalMart wage increases haven't matched inflation levels the report reckons it will be even worse now.

So the next time you slap your arse in Asda's with a self satisfied grin spare a thought for their employees - they might be talking to Razzle right now.

1 comment:

bungers said...

Morning all! Nice work with the posting last night, just think, when I get my bung-roadband I'll be able to join in with the late night mass-debates too!

Ooo-er!

Hmm.. anyways.. I have some new topics for today too, that'll score us points in the Grauniad this week too. I just need to find some source material and we're off!

TTFN!