Tuesday, August 17, 2004

57 58 57 Varieties

A woman has claimed to have found a mouse 'standing up' in her bowl of Heinz soup. Have Heinz introduced a 58th variety in the form of potage de souris?

Apparently not - they claim no knowledge of this new flavour. And they have threatened legal action over the claims which I think is justified considering the process for ensuring tins of soup are mice free.
All soup cans were upside-down during processing and compressed air was blown in to clear any debris. The soup was sieved and the can immediately sealed.
Considering the woman was telling her story in the Sun originally I don't know why Heinz were so outraged of lack of fact checking!

The Sun? In court? For telling lies? Surely not.

15 comments:

Bryn said...

I dont know why people still bother with the "I found a [animal/object] in my [food/product] crap."
Its such rubbish, apart from when I found a whole cat in a Chicken McNuggets.
honest.

mmChronic said...

I nearly found some beef in a McD once. Turned out to be texturised, flavoured and salt enchanced cow uterus. Or something.

Newcastle Photos said...

Where have the ads gone from the top of our pages?

Newcastle Photos said...

Don't let it get your cursor

Newcastle Photos said...

Blogger Help : What is the Navbar?What? No ads?

mmChronic said...

We've upgraded to the no ads service, BlogSpot Pro. You all owe me a fiver each.

Newcastle Photos said...

I bet we end up with some ads somewhere on the page.

mmChronic said...

errm... we already have. Sort of.

As well as being a funky search cum nav to a random site bar it's also a bloody big advert for Blogger.

The very top of the page is the logical place for them to insert ads as they can pretty much guarantee they don't bugger up your layout. So now they've put the nav bar in I think the ads are gone.

I have to say though that the bar goes very well with the new design - certainly better than the old ugly ad box.

Bryn said...

mC, it thought they stopped blogspot pr.......oh look a squirrel.
My £5 is on its way.... ;)

Bryn said...

I'd forgoten how dull most of the other blogs out there are until I clicked that next blog button.
Jesus, so many moaning teens with crap music tastes and awful design skills.

bungers said...

haha! I was thinking that.. look at all those (1) referrers in the side bar.. I figure those must be the ones who were the "previous" sites to us. They're all crap!

bungers said...

btw... when did <strike> become acceptable in a title...??

mmChronic said...

Since when was it unacceptable Mr W3C? :)

<fi^Hont> is one of the gayest tags - evar!

bungers said...

There's nothing wrong with fint... it's perfectly acceptable in BungXML v2.05...

Blogger used to stop you from using strike, I'm sure of it.

:lol:

mmChronic said...

Well now you can....

I'm expecting a flurry of striked headline posts RSN. :)