Friday, September 24, 2004

Portable Firefox 0.9.3 & 1.0PR USB Drive-Friendly

So you're travelling in a foreign land (Vietnam perhaps) and you want to get on the web. You find a local net cafe and find it's installed browser is IE4 or something else equally ancient and crap. So how are you going to access your Gmail account and surf the web in the style you've become accustomed to?

Just make sure whatever net cafe you go to has PCs with USB and you're sorted. Portable Firefox can be installed onto, and ran completely from, a USB memory stick. So I could even stick this on my XD card for my camera and just plug my camera into a PC to get a decent browser.

Bloody tourist? I prefer to think of it as travelling with savvy! ;)

1 comment:

mmChronic said...

Yeah there's in a well run setup you would expect that but I would guess definitely not if they are still running browsers which are too old too access gmail.

I've only tried a few net cafes now but several of them I could have installed anything on the actual PC - I shit you not!