Monday, March 29, 2004

THROW AXE AT DWARF erm... XYZZY!


Are those point'n'click adventures just a little too new fangled for you? Then you'll probably be right at home with some classic text adventures. The site has 6 playable online so far.



The first one is Adventure (or Colossal Cave). The very first time I played with a computer it was to play this at a very poorly attended computer exhibition thing in St Theresa's school when I was about 11/12. I say poorly attended - there was a bearded bloke who was running it, 3 computers (Apples I believe but I'm not going to swear to it) and me who only wandered in on the way home from Heaton Park. I spent ages playing this adventure and was hooked on computers from that point onwards.



The others on the site are Atari Adventure, Rogue, Zork I, II & III.

No comments: