Friday, October 08, 2004

Gmail Drive - On Windows

I while back I saw a file system thing for gmail called GMailFS but it only worked on linux and as we are not long haired linuses I didn't bother posting it. Now there is a client that works with Windows. I haven't been able to try it yet as you can't download the file due to a permissions error. Hopefully that will be sorted soon and we can give it a whirl.

So what use is it? It means you can have as many free 1Gb storage dumps as you have Gmail accounts. Which is lots. Even better we could set up a New Links file dump, share the password with the New Links members and use it to distribute mp3s public domain tunes between ourselves.

EDIT: I've just been in touch with the author, Bjarke Viksøe, about downloading. The problem is that he has now run out of bandwidth and is looking for alternative hosting. If anyone has any to spare I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you. Check his page for his email address.

EDIT: The software now has alternative hosting and I've tried it. Verdict? It works very well indeed.

via bhell13

No comments: